Afyon is The Next Station for Oltan-Köleoğlu Enerji

Oltan-Köleoğlu Enerji, a leading company in the energy industry, makes its second investment in Afyon. The facility aims to produce energy from forestry products and plant waste. In his statement about the project, our General Manager Ertuğrul Doğan extended his gratitude to the Minister of Environment and Forestry Veysel Eroğlu and everyone who contributed.

Oltan Köleoğlu Elektrik ve Enerji Üretimi Tic. A.Ş. is establishing the power plant as the biggest investment in Çay, Afyon, in recent years. The construction of the second power plant in Çay is still ongoing. The plant will utilize plant wastes to generate energy. The Eber Biomass Power Plant will be situated on an area of approximately 480 acres in the neighborhood of Vakıf with an installed capacity of 25 MW.

Oltan-Köleoğlu Enerji Chairman Ertuğrul Doğan stated that the power plant will produce sustainable energy resources through environmental-friendly methods to help overcome Turkey's energy deficit. He also thanked the Minister of Environment and Forestry Prof. Dr. Veysel Eroğlu, the parliament members, the Governor of Afyon, the Mayors of Afyon and Çay, and the officers of relevant public institutions and organizations.

Ertuğrul Doğan: 175 million kWh of electricity will be produced annually

Doğan stated that the project commits to generate power with the lowest possible emissions by burning reeds, agricultural wastes and forestry residues to be collected from Lake Eber every year.

He also said that the facility will be active for about 7,000 hours a year with an estimated capacity to generate approximately 175,000,000 kWh electricity through the combustion of about 150,000 tons/year of raw materials, and added: "About 15 percent of the gross electricity will supply the plant's additional facilities and the remaining 85 percent is planned to be sold. The economic life of the project is estimated to be 30 years. We plan to hire 100 people for the operation of the plant. Apart from the technical staff, we will employ local people."

Local people will be employed

Doğan stated that the project commits to generate power with the lowest possible emissions by burning reeds, agricultural wastes and forestry residues to be collected from Lake Eber every year.

He also said that the facility will be active for about 7,000 hours a year with an estimated capacity to generate approximately 175,000,000 kWh electricity through the combustion of about 150,000 tons/year of raw materials, and added: "About 15 percent of the gross electricity will supply the plant's additional facilities and the remaining 85 percent is planned to be sold. The economic life of the project is estimated to be 30 years. We plan to hire 100 people for the operation of the plant. Apart from the technical staff, we will employ local people."